Let me say few words for the day (Stolen from own's mind !!)

You say meow and I will Growl, you say it's a joke I will Roar

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Thank you mom | Teaching adaptibility

Yesterday I went to my maternal uncle's place its after around 10 years I was visiting for a day to see my GrandMother and cousins with my son and wife. I met some new faces who implicitly became my new relatives with marriages with my cousins :). It was a very cordial stay. I don't know why I like this place so much from my childhood. It's a beautiful city called Kesinga on the bank of The River Tel and it is a small hillside colony where my relatives live. I always made sure that I visit Lord Shiva temple on the hill top every-time I visit Kesinga. We use to compete among ourselves to walk up the hills, till the temple in one go non stop :) It was always the first thing we use to do when we reach Kesinga and watch the river Tel and whole city spread below the hill. We enjoyed the scorching heat, we dared to walk along the bush and we filled the emptiness on top of the hill. I think curiosity always overcame the fear of falling and pulled us up the hill. Age, Laziness and my back didn't support me this time Lord Shiva I am sure you will forgive me. I met The girl who is my aunt by relation though much younger during our evening gathering and talk. Her two lines story touched me. She has done her college and she is from a small village in my district. I wanted to know more from where she did her college and to my surprise I got to know that it was from Bongamunda a small town which is around 22 kms from her village. I asked if she was staying in hostel or travelled everyday by bus. And it was when I heard she was cycling everyday to college for two years from her home and she had to because she is passed with a little lesser marks than the qualifying marks for a nearby city Sindhekela which is comparatively closer. It blew my mind ! I don't want to talk about the equal opportunity for women, women empowerment, free education for all, connecting India, women quota in colleges etc etc. To me all those are pointless discussion now. I salute the parents who dared to send her to college. I salute the mother who encouraged her to fight her paddling 44 kms to college, to fight her fear to become a stronger, smarter and independent woman. I salute the mom who never taught her to paint her face rather asked her to paddle to college. I salute her mom who may have cried in the dark but never revealed and asked her to fight the odds. Salute and Respect to all such Mothers and Women who dream and teach to be independent and spread fighting odds with selfless love and caring. I request all the parents, mothers to teach their children to fight the odds not by adapting technology but by healthy habits, fight the weakness not by visiting doctors or drinking energy drinks but by playing in sun and moon. Human is an adaptable creature so they survived ice ages. Adaptability is what is the prominent characteristics of a human being. I learnt one thing in my life that earning the harder way is the smarter way to fight the odds and help us being independent. Never flatter rather behave harder being softer from inside to make your child independent and stronger. We may blame of not being so fortunate to get all the amenities of an easier life from them but I can imagine why it is so important to survive in a very competitive and harsh future ahead. Thanks mom and dad to teach us such lessons. #HappyMothersDay #ParentalGoals #ThankYou